For 50 years, Sparks Group has dedicated itself to filling critical employment needs within industries leveraging information technology, accounting and finance, office and administrative, and creative talent. This staffing vision began in 1970, with then-named Sparks Personnel focusing on providing local employers with administrative, data entry, and administrative staffing
services. Since then, our recruitment solutions have evolved and expanded to new markets to continue addressing employers’ unique staffing challenges.
In our final installment of our 5 Decades of Staffing Delight series we wanted to highlight our growth during the 2010s and how we began offering marketing and creative staffing services and began serving employers and job seekers in Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA. You can read about how Sparks Group was founded and served employers and job seekers during its first four decades here: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s.
Expanding Recruiting & Staffing Into Marketing and Creative
|Our first major milestone in the 2010s came in 2015 when our company expanded its services to include marketing and creative recruitment solutions designed to find skilled job seekers who excel in promoting business services and strengthening company branding with impactful artistic elements. Sparks Group works with companies to overcome marketing recruitment challenges including a digital skills||
gap, as well as sourcing top talent for in-demand creative roles including graphic design, content production, and video production.
Today, Sparks Group’s marketing and creative recruitment services attract top talent and fill open positions including:
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Social Media Manager
- Web Analytics Specialist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
Related Blog: 5 Creative Recruitment Strategies That Work
Evolving Into Sparks Group
In 2016, the company officially rebranded under one company name, Sparks Group, to highlight the company’s growth and full-scope of providing professional, technical, creative, and administrative staffing services.
In response to this change, Chief Executive Office Steve Sparks said Sparks Group is dedicated to meeting clients’ current and long-term staffing needs:
"In the current market, where employees change jobs every 18-24 months, it is core to our mission to truly understand our company clients and talent [and to] not look at them just as numbers; and to have them know we are here for them whenever they have a specific need, question or concern. We look forward to building on this expertise in the next phase of our growth and evolution as a company.”
Being Acknowledged for Providing Excellent Staffing Service
In 2012, Sparks Group was recognized, for the first time, as one the top staffing and recruiting companies by clients and job seekers, as part of ClearlyRated (formerly Inavero)’s Best of Staffing Awards. Sparks Group’s other awards and recognitions for providing excellent staffing services, prioritizing employee satisfaction, and exhibiting business excellence and integrity include:
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client Diamond Award (2016-2020)
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Talent Diamond Award (2020)
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Client Satisfaction Award (2012-2020)
- ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Talent Satisfaction Award (2013, 2014, 2016-2020)
- Washington Post’s Top Workplaces Award (2014, 2017-2020)
- National Capital Business Ethics Award (2010)
- SIA Best Staffing Firms to Work For Award (2017-2018)
- Washington Business Journal Best Places to Work Award (2017)
“...Sparks Group has always been a pleasure to work with. [They are] just as invested as you are in making sure you find the right candidate.”
Recruiting Top Talent In Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA
In 2018, Sparks Group added dedicated sales and recruiting teams to the Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA markets. For the Charlotte market, Sparks Group helped top banks and financial services organizations (including Fortune 500 companies, local banks and credit unions, and much more) overcome skills gaps to find skilled candidates with the right blend of financial data analysis, digital technology, and forecasting skills.
"[The Sparks Group team} is a pleasure to work with and [our] partnership has been outstanding. [They] understand our business and consistently focus on meeting our business needs”
Providing Tailored Solutions to Our Clients’ Staffing Challenges
Throughout the 2010’s, Sparks Group excelled at developing and implementing tailored solutions to meet our clients’ unique challenges and requirements. Examples included:
- Leveraging our decades of experience in government services and security clearance recruiting Sparks Group and a small business partner supported a large Acquisition Support Services program with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Developed and executed an outsourcing solution to provide high-quality candidates for receptionist and switchboard positions for front desk coverage with a large aerospace, defense and aviation company.
- Assisted a Mid-Atlantic real estate and mortgage company with expanding their geographic presence (throughout Northern Virginia and Raleigh, NC), as well as with growing and reorganizing their mortgage division. For the project, Sparks Group placed over 20 mortgage, finance, and IT professionals, with an average time-to-fill that was significantly below national averages.
Sparks Group: 50 Years Of Solving Recruitment Challenges
For the past five decades, Sparks Group has grown and evolved its staffing services into new markets to efficiently match top job seekers with great organizations. With 50 years under our belt, we plan to continue providing temporary and contract, contract to hire, and direct hire solutions and analyzing employment trends and industry shifts to provide strategic talent acquisition guidance.
With Sparks Group’s expertise and resources, companies receive several benefits including:
- Reduced cost and time to hire
- Expanded hiring reach with access to large pools of qualified professionals and passive candidates
- Increased employee retention by recruiting best fit candidates
- A partner who guides ongoing optimization of talent acquisition strategies
Interested in strengthening your candidate outreach to find qualified talent in the timeframe you require? Sparks Group is here to help. Contact our team of staffing experts today and we can discuss any recruitment challenges you may be facing and provide you with the support you need to achieve your most ambitious hiring goals.