Accounting and finance professionals are the backbone of your organization. In fact, their skill level can make or break the success of your company, so it’s important to have the best people in the field on your team ─ and know how to retain these highly skilled workers once you get them.
5 Strategies to Attract and Retain Top Accounting and Finance Candidates
Trying to figure out what top accounting and finance professionals look for in a company? Use the following five ideas to improve accounting recruitment for your organization.
- Offer Competitive Salaries: While all workers want to earn a competitive salary, it’s in the nature of finance professionals to focus on the numbers. If you want to hire and retain the best and brightest workers, you must be willing to pay above average ─ or at least standard rates.
- Promote from Within: These savvy professionals are looking to build a future at your company ─ not just another stepping stone in their career. Show them you believe in your people by promoting from within, rather than making a habit of filling open positions with outside talent.
- Provide Professional Development Opportunities: In order to remain competitive, finance workers need professional development opportunities to keep their skills up-to-date. Offering periodic training sessions is a great way to invest in your people and show them how much you value their continued employment.
- Give Challenging Assignments: Finance professionals enjoy the challenge of solving difficult problems. When work becomes too easy, they often become bored and start to look for challenging new positions that will provide the intellectual stimulation they crave. Combat this by continuously challenging them with new assignments, so they never have the chance to become restless.
- Deliver Perks: It’s often the little things that really mean the most. Provide your finance workers with perks like pizza on Fridays, a casual summer dress code and free (high-quality) coffee to brighten their workday.
Thinking of adding a few talented finance professionals to your team? Consider looking to finance recruiting firms, such as by contacting Sparks Group, to boost your acquisition efforts. Our tenured staffing professionals' core focus is the delivery of favorable business outcomes for each valued client. Sparks Group comprehensive and flexible staffing solutions have resulted in a consistent track record of client satisfaction.