Tapping The Untapped: How Your Recruiter’s Expertise Can Help You Advance Your Career In IT
The information technology industry is changing and growing at a rapid pace, meaning now is a great time to enter the field or start making your move up the ladder. Searching for information technology jobs can be a bit overwhelming, because it’s nearly impossible to know which company is best for your future.
Searching for, identifying, and eventually accepting a new job is a huge decision that could majorly impact your career trajectory. Thankfully, you don’t have to navigate your search alone---working with a recruiter is one of the top things you can do to assist you in your job search. As an expert in the field, you can trust your IT staffing company to guide you every step of the way, making sure your best interests are always represented.
5 Ways Working with a Recruiter Can Boost Your Career in IT
- Gain Access to Key Salary Information. As a talented IT professional, you deserve to be paid a salary commensurate with the marketplace standard. Of course, you don’t have access to the salary data of other IT professionals in your area, but you can be certain your recruiter does. Partnering with an IT staffing professional ensures you’ll never unknowingly accept another low-ball offer again.
- Keep Up with Hiring Trends. You’re well aware that the IT industry is a very competitive landscape, which can make it hard to stand out from other candidates. Thankfully, by working with IT recruiting firms you have insight into exactly what hiring managers are looking for in top talent and having access to this privileged information can help you transform yourself into the ideal candidate.
- Get Connected to Leading Employers. Some companies only hire candidates through staffing firms and others may source candidates from multiple places, but give more weight to those recommended by IT recruiters they trust. In business, who you know can definitely work to your advantage.
- Polish Your Resume. Writing a winning resume isn’t easy. Your recruiter knows exactly what an outstanding information technology resume looks like and will work with you to polish yours into something that will impress even the toughest hiring manager.
- Refine Your Interview Skills. It’s not too challenging to predict common questions you’ll be asked at a job interview, but IT jobs carry a lot of weight, so hiring managers typically dig deep into items such as skill-sets, software expertise and projects that you may have worked on in the past. Your recruiter is well aware of this and will help you practice before your interview, so you’ll be prepared to take on even the toughest questions.
Searching for a new career opportunity in IT? Contact Sparks Group. Our dedicated recruiters regularly connect top IT job seekers to rewarding positions at the area's top companies. You can also view our available positions here.
Note: the original version of the article was posted on September 1, 2016