Sparks Group is celebrating its 50th anniversary as a full-service staffing and recruiting firm.
In 1970, the average price of a gallon of gas was $0.36. That year, Sparks Group (then Sparks Personnel) was founded as a placement agency in Rockville, MD. During the early years, the company’s founders, John and Joan Sparks, recognized a critical need to provide area employers with administrative, data entry, and customer service professionals. Keypunch Operators, who supported the data processing applications used at the time, were among the first positions for which Sparks Personnel specialized in placing talent. In addition to providing employment opportunities to local job seekers, the company made investments in the workforce, offering free training to area job seekers to support this critical need.
Throughout the company’s history, Sparks Group has grown and evolved to keep pace with the ever-evolving talent acquisition market and hiring landscape. Today, Sparks Group is one of the most awarded staffing and recruiting companies in the U.S., connecting top employers with exceptional technical, professional, creative, and administrative talent. Many of the company’s recruiters and account managers have also held positions within their specialty area(s), offering expert knowledge of the skill-sets and experience required to sufficiently staff, manage, and complete a project from start to finish.
“We have achieved this 50th anniversary milestone through the hard work and dedication of our staff members and our strong culture of delivering a best-in-class experience for every client and candidate that we have the opportunity to work with,” said Owner and Chief Executive Officer Steve Sparks. “John and Joan Sparks had a vision to bridge the staffing needs in our business community with the best talent available in the market. When the talent was not available, we built a bridge by training the best candidates for the clients.” Sparks Group has achieved many remarkable things in partnership with its clients and employees since 1970. We are very proud of the many honors and achievements over 50 years, including:
- Placing over 250,000 individual job seekers with the best companies. Serving both as a trusted resource to over a quarter of a million job seekers and as a bridge to employment opportunities with the best companies, nonprofits, and government agencies.
- Receiving the National Capital Area Business Ethics Award for demonstrating a commitment to outstanding business ethics.
- Leading at the forefront of staffing industry technology, strategies, trends, and best practices to effectively and efficiently deliver unique solutions and top talent to our client partners.
- Helping job candidates and the greater business community successfully navigate and thrive during periods of economic change and uncertainty.
- Building a strong culture with our staff where they are empowered to “do the right thing” for our clients and candidates, while having fun at the same time. We care first about our staff so that they bring our vision of caring for others with everyone they touch every day.
- On many occasions, helping our clients meet their business needs in ways no other company could: Hiring experts to develop training curriculum clients, traveling the U.S. with clients to facilitate their expansion in multiple cities, managing the procurement and compliance protocols with dozens of vendors, and even helping a client set up an entire new business - every role from President, accounting, technology, sales, and operations staff.
- Forming strong partnerships and building a robust talent referral program that brings the most diverse and inclusive talent to our client partners.
Throughout the year-long celebration, Sparks Group will be taking a look at where it started, what it has achieved, and where it is going in the future. All of these stories will be shared on a company microsite at https://resources.sparksgroupinc.com/fifty-years-of-experience-fifty-years-of-excellence.