SPARKS and Sparks IT Solutions, the Washington DC Area’s leading staffing and recruiting firm, celebrates National Staffing Employee Week, in salute of the nearly 11.5 million temporary and contract employees placed each year.
Rockville, MD — SPARKS and Sparks IT Solutions are proud to celebrate National Staffing Employee Week (NSWE). This celebratory week established by the American Staffing Association (ASA) to honor the nearly 11.5 million Americans who are employed by staffing and recruiting firms each year.
Whether they are applying for their first job, re-entering the workforce, or seeking new career opportunities, job seekers choose to work with staffing and recruiting firms for many reasons. These include:
- Great jobs. ASA estimates that just under 3 million employees work through US staffing firms on a daily basis. Of this, approximately 79% work full-time hours (35 hours or more per week), virtually the same as the rest of the work force.
- Flexibility. Employees can choose when, where, and how they want to work. Employers are provided with the skills when they need them
- Bridge to Full-Time Employment. Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to full-time employment. Job seekers can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- Choice. Many job seekers choose temporary and contract work as a preferred employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- Training: The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
About SPARKS and Sparks IT Solutions:
Headquartered in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area with a client support network from Massachusetts to Florida, SPARKS is a leading staffing and recruiting firm that connects professional talent to the area’s leading organizations for temporary/contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire opportunities. Additionally SPARKS offers a number of customizable workforce solutions for large users of staffing. Core areas of staffing expertise include: Office and Administrative Services, Accounting and Finance, Information Technology, Creative, Mortgage and Banking and Customer Service/Call Center. To learn more how we can connect you to great talent or a unique career opportunity, contact us today.